Computer Science and Engineering arena has been overlapping all other career verticals, for CSE is the most important bridging resource and an exquisite tool for discovery. CSE throws open exclusive yet exciting career offers that are intellectually challenging yet have an exceptional growth scope. Right from addictive games to interesting bioinformatics and robots, CSE is one arena that frequently touch-bases with fields like data security, cloud computing, mobile applications and social networks.
The CSE department in GVIC is well equipped all the necessary capabilities to deliver extensive knowledge to the students by conducting Guest Lectures, Expert Lectures, Seminars, Workshops, Add-on courses, technical symposiums/conferences conducted by GVIC as well as other organizations. The part of learning in GVIC comes with a special mentor guiding a batch of 7 students, enhancing academic and career excellence.
The Department’s student technical association – Computer Engineers technical association (CETA) organizes co-curricular and extra-curricular activities regularly, to keep the spirit of the students high. About 350 alumni of the Department have been placed through the placement and training center of the College during the last Seven years. The alumni of CSE who have imbibed ethics, human values and professionalism have made their mark in reputed organizations in India and Abroad.
B.Tech – CSE - 60 seats
B.Tech – IOT - 60 seats
M.Tech – CSE - 24 seats (Specialization Computer Science and Engineering)
To create the most conducive environment for quality academic and research oriented undergraduate and postgraduate education in computer science and engineering and prepare the students for a globalised technological society and orient them towards serving the society.
• To impart high quality professional training at the postgraduate and undergraduate level with an emphasis on basic principles of computer science and engineering.
• To establish nationally and internationally recognized research centres and expose the students to broad research experience.
• To impart moral and ethical values, and interpersonal skills to the students.
• To empower the students with the required skills to solve the complex technological problems of modern society and also provide them with a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities
• Having well experienced and efficient faculty
• Well equipped labs with internet facilities
• Encouraging the students for participating in co and extra-curricular activities in various colleges all over Andhra Pradesh
• Encouraging the students to participate in Industrial Visit and In-Plant Training.
• Conducting club activities every year.
• Conducting Value Added Courses for the students in emerging technologies
• We are training the students for the placement opportunities
• Training classes for Skill Development and Programming Languages exams
• Training given to students for government employment opportunities.
• Communication training for students who are lagging in English communication
• Training the students to get government jobs
Future Plans of the Department:
• We are planning to train TOEFL, GRE, MAT to the students
• We are planning to train the foreign languages with the help of experts from outside.
CSE Association Objective: To shape the students in Technical, Professional and Managerial skills, and to bring in industrial personnel for interaction Programs: About 10-15 programs per year will be organized
Research Activities are carried out in the following Areas : Grid Computing Data Mining Artificial Intelligence Cloud Computing Cryptography and Network Security Mobile Computing High Speed Networks